6.11.2009

Learning something new today...

Okay I should know how to do stuff like this, one would believe this anyway. My paternal grandmother was a seamstress, I don't think that she owned many clothes that she didn't make, she quilted, made her own curtains, etc... My maternal grandmother is / was a wiz with the sewing machine as well, although she put away this skill long ago as it was not something she really enjoyed. My mother, also a seamstress doesn't sew any longer.... no idea about that one.

So it should be in my blood right???? I have it in my heart but somehow some of the more obvious skills never make it out of my head. I really want to be a great seamstress, I love to sew, crochet, cross stitch and there are so many beautiful things that I want to create.

One thing I struggle with is that I want to learn to quilt. The design does not seem to be an issue, the problem that stumps me everytime... finishing the edges............. WHY OH WHY can I not GET THIS??????????????

Today I begin to work on something that I am semi obsessed with in my brain. A new project that I spotted on the internet sometime back and LOVE!!!!!!

A quilted postcard... there are a lot of great blogs that tell you how to do it. I am just beginning to play around with it. If I get one for you to examine I will let you know. I think I have already messed up my first one,,,, but hey, that is how we learn.

No comments: