11.14.2009

The longest week

The longest week in my household is the one right before we go to visit family. Everyone in my house loves to make the trip 2 hours south to visit our extended family. It is where all the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins are. Where we can visit with everyone, share memories, make new ones, and just have fun.

So in my house, for the kids and I that trip is a much anticipated one. Time never seems to drag on as slowly as it does when the visit is in sight. We scheme, negotiate and work harder, so that we can make the departure just a little bit earlier.

The next trip is just over a week away! We haven't seen our families since September. That is a long stretch, as I try to make it down once a month or so. It will be hectic and busy and full of visiting and eating and fun! I think we have it worked so that we will get everyone in.

So here is wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving, filled with love, laughter, family, friends! May this be the shortest week for us all so that we can get to the good stuff!

No comments: