8.21.2010

Day 2

Weight: 206.5-----probably those chicken wings :)



Health Status: Hands cracked and raw, sore and painful. Patch on the back of the left leg is less itchy but still present, scalp irritated and weepy in places, inside of arms from elbow to underarm are dry itchy and bumpy. Skin on the face has improved, but continues to be dry in places, complexion is dull and sluggish despite a good facial scrub. Stomach is still bloated in the morning, but less bloat by the end of the day.


Emotional Status: Determined! I have ordered the book " The Juice Lady's Turbo Diet" but I am waiting on it to arrive. I have a sample menu from the book which I found in a magazine so today I started my day juicing.

Diet:
1 Meal- Juice :) 3 Carrots trimmed and cleaned, 1 cucumber, 1 inch chunk of ginger root, 1 half apple, 1/2 lemon peeled (only the skin leave the white pith). This made one large glass of juice which I drank, admittedly with a large glass of water between gulps.

1 Snack- sliced bell peppers with hummus

2 Meal-Juice 2 medium tomatoes, 3 large handfuls of kale, 1 raw garlic clove, 1 large handful of fresh basil, 2 shakes of hot sauce

2 Snack- cheat.....I know it is only day one..... 1 tsp peanut butter

3 Meal-2 small chicken breast grilled with only herbal seasoning, 1 cup grilled yellow squash and zucchini, 1 cup roasted asparagus ( seasoned with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, and kosher salt), 1 large salad with ice burg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers dressed with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, and salt

3 Snack- 1 Dan Active drink and 2 vegetarian crackers

Supplements: 2 Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 mg, 2 Cinnamon capsule 500mg, 1 pro biotic supplement, 1 Dan Active pro bitioc drink


I did not take the Coconut Oil today because it was really hard to take, I need to find a better way to take this as I believe it is important to the process....maybe tomorrow!

Today was a hard day as I have never done juicing before and it was thicker and more intense than I expected. I was not hungry all day long, but by the evening when it was time for dinner I was STARVING! I was also craving carbs A LOT..... I believe this is from the yeast which feeds off the sugar. All I have read suggest that craving for carbs is from the yeast. It is a little crazy to me that one little thing can cause so much havoc, but I can feel it.

One comment from my blog yesterday asked for some of the websites that I used to research this condition, so I am going to provide a couple of links here, by no means is this the only research I did....so please do your homework and don't go into this lightly.

One anecdotal story I will share with you is I talked with someone yesterday who had the same type of problems with their hands that I have. They went on the diet and pro biotics and now have no issues and are able to return to a normal diet.

The first two sites here give you a quiz that helps you gage if you have this condition and to what extent you may have it. The third has some really good information on what the symptoms are as well as the long term effects.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

http://www.candidasupport.org/

http://www.mercola.com/

No comments: