8.22.2010

Thoughts and Recipes

Just a short blog about things I have forgotten to mention and to also provide some recipes. I am going to be providing recipes only if I came up with them myself to avoid copying someone else's ideas. One of the things I have found is that it is actually hard to find recipes without buying some one's book. The book I have purchased has been back ordered, but I don't want to lose my momentum so I am researching the vegetables and then combining them together to get a (hopefully) desired result. Which is KILLING Candida and making me healthier!

So one thing I haven't mentioned in my daily log, I just forgot, is my very first drink of the morning. I heat a coffee cup of plain water and slice a 1/4 inch section of lemon, squeeze the lemon juice into the hot water and just drop in the lemon slice so the oils from the rind are steeped in the water. Drink while hot! This will gently detox your liver.

My breakfast drink:

3 medium tomatos
2 stalks of celery
2 raw garlic cloves
1 small handful of parsley
1/2 in chunk of ginger root
4 small handfuls of Kale
1 small cucumber

juice all this together!

I am going to tell you something no one told me and I didn't see anywhere. Stir your juice! I didn't read that anywhere and the first time I juice I get a huge swallow of ginger root juice right on top!

Now why is this good?

Tomato is rich in Vitamin A & C and has a great antioxidant Lycopene

Celery is high in Calcium and Vitamin C, a diuretic, and lowers blood pressure

Garlic is a natural antibiotic, great cholesterol reducing properties, it boost your natural killing cells which combat toxins in the body

Kale high in Vitamin A and Beta carotene, a natural cancer fighter

Ginger root aids in digestion, circulation, and pain control

Parsley Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and a natural cancer fighter

Cucumber, Vitamin C, Silica, Magnesium, Potassium, lowers blood pressure


Final thought! I took 3 tablespoons of solid coconut oil and places in a small dish then placed it in the sun, with in 5 minutes it was liquid. I drank it all at once to get it over with :) The taste wasn't so bad it tasted oily (obviously) with a hint of the coconut flavor. Not something I would want to do forever, but willing to try to see if it will indeed kill the yeast!

No comments: